- 2025 - Founding of NPTN
- 2035 - Rapid invasion and defeat of American and S. Korean troops by N. Korean forces. Korea unified under Kim dynasty. Massive influx of S. Korean refugees and capital in NPTN.
The city is built on a platform with a dense urban topside. In addition, there are subterranean levels and zones beneath the city and the surface. It is rumored topside that at the deepest levels, the city and the police have no control and zones are ruled by gangs, warlords and cultists. Outside the city is a rapidly growing mass of tethered boats, platforms and debris gyres referred to as "the 'burbs."
Each level of NPTN is built on a 1 sq. mile grid, divided into 10 streets running North-South and 10 avenues running East-West. Use the Dense Cyberpunk Block tables to populate as needed.
The city was origianally settled by Russians and Canadians, with a smattering of asian immigrants. The Korean Unification War led to a rapid influx of Korean immigrants, who are now the dominant ethnic group in NPTN. While there is an American expat community, the American presence in NPTN is minimal.
Law & OrderEdit
- 66° Crips, a Los Angeles style gang composed of Aleuts and Pacific Islanders
- Park Syndicate, a Korean crime family
- Six Star Mob, a Korean crime family
- Yamaga Organization, a Yakuza group
- KCIA, S. Korean Government in Exile's Central Intelligence Agency
- MSS, China's Ministry of State Security
- Naicho, Japan's intelligence agency
- SSD, Unified Korean State Security Department
- SVR, Russia's Foreign Intelligence Service